Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch: Prompt 3650

fredrichdarren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I have a 3650 stuck in the switch prompt. I've tried to set the IP address using the below commands so that I can upload the IOS, but I am unable to. 

set IP_ADDR 

Set DEFAULT_ROUTER

below is the file system output

switch: dir

List of filesystems currently registered:

xmodem[0]: (read-only)
null[1]: (read-write)
bs[3]: (read-only)
flash[18]: (read-only)
tftp[19]: (read-write)

I am encountering this ERROR: "The 'IP_ADDR' environment variable is not properly formatted." I'm unsure about which other IP address configuration format I should use.

Fredrich

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/changeing-flash-from-read-only-to-read-write/m-p/3740022#M452146

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you, @marce1000  I will try it now. 

Fredrich

fredrichdarren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've tried all the commands given on the thread you posted; my switch is taking the below commands:

switch: set SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG

switch: set SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG 1

Then, after the boot command, the switch goes back to switch: prompt

The one below comes up with an error below:

witch: set SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=1
Can't set variable with illegal char "=" (0x3d) in name.

load_helper, too, is not working; see below:

switch: load_helper
Unknown cmd: load_helper

Fredrich

-  Try
           fsck  flash:

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you, @marce1000. I will try this command and advise later tomorrow. I did not get a chance to work on the switch today. 

Fredrich

fredrichdarren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @mblack4d 

I saw you recommended some suggestions on a similar issue with my 3650 switch, and I thought you could help me. I tried the commands below to fix my 3650 switch, but after entering the boot command after these two commands, the switch goes back to the switch: prompt. Any other suggestions you may have? Thanks

set SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG 

set SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG 1

Fredrich

Hello @fredrichdarren

Try following those things again : 

If it is resolve again post here. 

• Reload ROMMON: Sometimes, reloading ROMMON can help resolve issues. To do this, power cycle the switch and return to ROMMON mode.
  • Since you're attempting to boot the switch, ensure the flash memory is in good condition and contains the necessary files.
  • Use dir flash: to list the contents of the flash memory and check for IOS files.
  • Use set to list all current environment variables and verify that they are correct.

Thank you, @Kumaresan Ravichandran. I will try this, too, and see how it goes. I will advise later tomorrow. 

Fredrich

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Put the firmware file into a USB flash drive and execute the following command: 

emergency-install usbflash0:filename.bin

Thank you, @Leo Laohoo. I tried this command, though I was using a TFTP server. It appears the file was being copied, but at the end, I got an error. I cannot remember the exact error message. I will try it again, and if I encounter the same issue, I will post it here. Thank you. 

Fredrich

The command is used in ROMMON.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card