Replies

switches and routers redundncy

Zurattos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

In the attachment you will see my topology 

I have 4 routers and two switches 

my question what is best way to make this setup redundant ?!! 

I will use GRE tunnel between all routers and I need to know what is the best way to redundant switches ?! 

Best Regards 

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to bit Ground work here :

1. you can run HSRP between Routers. ( connect R1 and R2 in the Switch) - i would suggest to replace Hub with switch.

2. is your switch acting Layer 2 ?

3. You can have tunnel between R1 to R1 and R2 to R2 ( rather mesh )   - this is my personal opinion.

4. are the internet going vial same ISP or different ISP ? - then if the ISP go down ? both VPN go down any way.

make sense ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for answer actually the hub is now a Mikrotik router yes the switch is L2 and there is another switch that I have to add also for redundancy 

so Hub and Internet they are Mikrotik routers 

When I configure R1 and R1 or any two cisco routers do I have to use a switch ? 

Look please to the attachments and this is what I have exactly in my house but I need to add more R2 cisco router and another GRE cisco router and Switch and I got all devices but I want to know to do the redundancy 

I was thinking the other gre tunnel cisco beside the first one with two links one to the MT internet and the other to the HUB but Ihow I can configure redundancy with the R1 and the Switch I have to add R2 to R1 and another switch to SWI 

https://imgur.com/YVtItnS

Thanks for answer actually the hub is now a Mikrotik router yes the switch is L2 and there is another switch that I have to add also for redundancy 

so Hub and Internet they are Mikrotik routers 

When I configure R1 and R1 or any two cisco routers do I have to use a switch ? 

Look please to the attachments and this is what I have exactly in my house but I need to add more R2 cisco router and another GRE cisco router and Switch and I got all devices but I want to know to do the redundancy 

I was thinking the other gre tunnel cisco beside the first one with two links one to the MT internet and the other to the HUB but Ihow I can configure redundancy with the R1 and the Switch I have to add R2 to R1 and another switch to SWI 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card