cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

switches by accident I deleted the IOS

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with a switch I accidentally deleted the IOS know sometimes someone solve a

14 Replies 14

Alvaro Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Please repost your question....

how can you back on IOS switches have served as accidentally deleting

Ok, if I am understanding you correctly you deleted the IOS on a switch by accident and you want to restore it back...

Well, if that happen you would need to download a new IOS from cisco.com or use a valid IOS from a like switch....

If the switch is still up and not in ROMMON you just need to transfer the IOS file to the flash memeory of the switch over TFTP... the command is "copy tftp flash:

What is the model of the switch?

2960 series

Is the switch in ROMMON or is it still up?

I would suggest you to read the following guide about how to recover the switch from a missing IOS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

I have tried but the LED stays green...

Im afraid you need to express yourself better and provide more information... We know you deleted the IOS, what have you done since then? Did you reload the router? is the switch in rommon? do you have console access?

Please elaborate further about the current status of the switch...

I sit on console that works, I followed the link that you gave me and have those instructions on impact, but the LED stays green because according to the link would be led off to go and that is not

Keep pressing the 'Mode" button a bit longer until you see the switch: prompt on console... dont look at the LED look at the console terminal

I've tried everything but I still have console, and have 5 minutes to the fashion press, but that does not work

What are you seeing on console? Please send the output

I get this message when the startup switches

Using driver version 1 for media type 1
Base ethernet MAC Address: f0:25:72:43:44:80
Xmodem file system is available.

The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.
Initializing Flash...
mifs[2]: 0 files, 1 directories
mifs[2]: Total bytes     :    3870720
mifs[2]: Bytes used      :       1024
mifs[2]: Bytes available :    3869696
mifs[2]: mifs fsck took 0 seconds.
mifs[3]: 0 files, 1 directories
mifs[3]: Total bytes     :   27998208
mifs[3]: Bytes used      :       1024
mifs[3]: Bytes available :   27997184
mifs[3]: mifs fsck took 1 seconds.
...done Initializing Flash.
done.
Loading "flash:/c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE1/c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE1.bin"                                                                                                                                                             ...flash:/c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE1/c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE1.bin: no su                                                                                                                                                             ch file or directory

Error loading "flash:/c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE1/c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE                                                                                                                                                             1.bin"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.
Boot process terminated.

The system is unable to boot automatically.  The BOOT
environment variable needs to be set to a bootable
image.

Just want to make sure that the appliance in question is a plain 2960 and NOT the newer 2960S.  Am I correct?

2960 series

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card