cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switches topology for small office

rajnava7
Level 1
Level 1

We are small office like less than 100 user with distributed in 2 buildings nearby(approx. 20m apart).We are planning to re-wiring with Cat6 on whole office for LAN and also installation of IP phones and after calculation found that nearly 13-12 24- port POE managed switches is required(originally unmanaged), but in our datacenter we have one Cisco C9300 with C9300-NM-8X serving 4servers and another C9200L 4 SFP switch. My query is:

1. What type of topology I can use..Is that would be Connecting all access switches(Uplink) to SFP+ of C9300??

2.If all my access switch is 24 I am out of port in C9300 in STAR in that case can I use C9200L for distribution??

3.Due limited budget and not much virtualization I cannot add High end switches in Data center...Is C9300 and C9200L is sufficient?

Hoping for best options in my plan... 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can I use those SFP+ to connecting access switches with single uplinks..if 48port access switch is used?? 

Yes, if you don't need multiple uplinks, you can connect the access switches with a single uplink to those SFP ports.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you need a total of 12-13 24-port switches and each switch needs 2 uplinks, you could possibly uplink each group of switches (per building) to one 9300-24Y-E switch and then uplink each building to the data center switch. This means you would need 2 9300-24Y-E switches (one per building) and then use the data center switch as the core.

HTH

In our server rack we have only one C9300 connecting some RJ-45 ports to server but all 8SFP+ is unused..and another C9200L to access switches ..Can I use those SFP+ to connecting access switches with single uplinks..if 48port access switch is used?? 

Can I use those SFP+ to connecting access switches with single uplinks..if 48port access switch is used?? 

Yes, if you don't need multiple uplinks, you can connect the access switches with a single uplink to those SFP ports.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card