Views
Helpful
Replies

SX550X-24FT VLAN IP timeouts

vwillems
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a few SX550X switches. One device is configured a L3 switch with VLAN IP 192.168.1.254. We have continuous ping timeouts even when a PC is directly connected to the switch. Spanning tree is not flapping and correctly configured. Ping timeouts seems to occur on moments with high bandwidth requirements. Is this know issue for this switch? Firmware is latest available 2.5.9.54.

Thanks,

Vincent

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Configure a syslog server on the device and examine logs send to it , check if you can spot anomalies (over a period of time)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

logs are not showing abnormal things

- Note that using  a syslog server will provide more flexible management and preserving of logs  (over a longer period of time) , better for finding a 'bad needle in the....'   and more capacity for reviewing historical data too.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you for your answer. I am a seasoned IT guy and aware of the benefits of the syslog services. However as I stated no errors are reported on this switch (and all settings, parameters etc. have been properly checked and inspected).

>...as I stated no errors are reported on this switch 
  - That is a 'current snapshot only' ; hence my original argument , 

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card