Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet session

nnn_sss22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have one user Admin and i have to configure telnet session.

Admin can create multiple telnet session at a time. But i want to do, Admin can create only one session at a time. 

Please tell me how i can do it. thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

No, it is not a protocol, 'Line' is a command to configure terminals, modem or virtual connections. 

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Hi

Try using this command:

line vty 0 15
session-limit <number of session>

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

I think it will set on all users. If i want to set single session on specific user then what will be command?

I think it can be implemented using TACACS or ISE servers. 

What is mean by line?

Line console 0

Line vty 0

What is line?

Hi

Line command allows configure virtual terminal (vty) lines in order to provide remote access, for example to manage the device using SSH or Telnet. If you dont configure the line vty you will not able to manage the device remotely.

Also line allows configure the authentication or settings for the console port (con 0).

line is protocol?

Hi,

No, it is not a protocol, 'Line' is a command to configure terminals, modem or virtual connections. 

which simulator is best for switching? I am using packet tracer 7.

Hi

Yes, packet tracer is a very useful tool although it has some limitations, you can also consider Cisco VIRL. http://virl.cisco.com/

You can also buy used routers or switches through ebay or amazon, I recommend switches 3750 and routers 1841. 

two switchs 3750 will cover ccnp labs?

Also you can consider this Cisco Labs:

https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/cisco-learning-labs

Im not really sure if Cisco 3750 covers CCNP, when I built my home lab to study for the CCIE, I bought around 5 used 3750 switches and various used 1841 and they were very useful for me in order to understand better the technologies deeply.

can you tell me round figure price?

I dont remember well the price but it could be between 30 to 200. It can vary depending the characteristic of the switch, like density of ports, version, GigaEthernet ports, PoE, etc. 

where r u from?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card