Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal Baud setting on a 3750G

GeorgesGiralt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

We have a couple of 3750G-12S-TS. the flash size is minimal on these machines, so in order to upgrade the IOS to the version we need, I suppressed the old IOS. Fine.

Alas, as I'm sometime dumb, I did not check the MD5 of the downloaded IOS... And, guess what ? The file was corrupt. So the machine kept rebooting.

I did break the boot sequence, then using Xmodem downloaded a checked and correct IOS file.

But prior to this I used the "set BAUD 115200" command in order to speed the process up.

I forgot to reset the speed after downloading the IOS and booting it.

So now I am obliged to connect the terminal at 115200 Baud in order to see something.

Could you please tell me how I can reset the speed value to it's default ?

Many thanks in advance for your help !

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Georges,

Use the speed 9600 command in your line con 0 stanza and save the configuration. You may also want to reboot the switch and put the BAUD variable into its original value using the command unset BAUD to make sure that neither IOS nor the bootloader are trying to use the 115200 bps speed. I would personally recommend doing both these steps.

Best regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

This time it worked; I guess I'd made the operation in the wrong order or something.

Thank you for your help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card