Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal Emulation for SRW2024?

dev_intro
Beginner
Beginner

Hi there

No matter what i do - there it NEVER a reaction when i use the Keys "y", "Y", "z", "Z".... i NEVER get a message "reset successful"

How to reach that?

23123e12e.jpg

What is the best terminal sw for that device - with with kind of terminal emulation? (VT100??)

AND: Where can i get the most current firmware for that device?

Thank you for your feedbacks....

With kind regards from Switzerland,

Jan

4 Replies 4

Elliot Dierksen
VIP Collaborator VIP Collaborator
VIP Collaborator

More recent versions of Putty have serial as an option, and that is my preferred client. Regarding your problem, I would wonder if there is a flow control issue. Are you set to none, hardware (RTS/CTS), or software (XON/XOFF)? However you are set, try the other options and see if that helps.I doubt that is actually a problem with Tera Term. No idea on the firmware question.

I think if the flow control thing would be wrong, then i had NO access to the terminal... or only strange (binary etc.) characters.... i have access to the terminal, but i don't know what key i have to use to confirm the reset confirmation: y OR Y OR z OT Z ot whatever...?

On the IP config dialog (e.g. to set a static one) i was success ful to save - there i've found the key.

The RS232 params shold not be the problem - the question it more which terminal software is the most useable. and which terminal emulation? (-> I think VT100, right?)

With kind regards from Switzerland,

Jan

I can't guarantee it, but my gut still tells me that this is mostly a serial issue. Terminal emulation mismatch (say the device expect a televideo terminal and you are doing vt100) would cause display scrambling when it tried to clear the screen or move the cursor around. It wouldn't cause it to not accept characters. Most things these days use 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit. This device COULD be expecting something else which might cause some characters to not be recognized. It's been a long time since I had to deal with that kind of thing, but that seems a more likely cause to me.

dev_intro
Beginner
Beginner

38400 is correctly -> https://www.google.com/search?q=38400+srw2024&rlz=1C1LRNT_deCH946CH946&oq=38400+srw2024&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l2.4310j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit"
-> That is correctly too...

Maybe it work with yes key for "Yes" confirmation when i use **bleep**...? Will try it ASAP - thx.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards, Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: