cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Toshiba printer B-EV4D directly connected to 2960x switch, printer dose not get ip address from dhcp server - 2960x(running latest image), switch refused to show the mac address of the printer in the mac address table .

Zalbarqawi
Level 1
Level 1

Tried to configure the dhcp server in same switch and in different segment and same issue.

The only way to show the mac add. Of the printer in mac add table of the 2960x is to ping the printer from any host from same subnet.

I need a way to let the printer send the dhcp-discover automatically without ping.

I made workaround by deploying a hub in between the switch and the printer and in this case all worked fine so seems that the printer sends the dhcp-discover before the switch port become and get into forwoarding state but printer did not send another dhcp-discover or req. after some time!

Is there any known toshipa firmware can we use to delay the dhcp-discover or req. from printer or any other workaround?

Apperciate your input in this case!

Thank you

5 Replies 5

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Have you enabled portfast  on the switch port?

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Hi,

Yes i did also i have tried to disable the stp at all and still same issue.

Hi,

Have you tried fixing the speed and duplex for that printer? There is no need to disable spanning tree, you just need to enable portfast.

thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Hi,

I have tried to change and hardcode  the duplex and speed 10/100/1000 half/full/auto  but with no luck!

We need to find a way to delay the dhcp packets of the printer.

Thank you!

Hi,

Toshiba B-EV4T mut have Firmware 1.1G.

Port Speed on WS-C2960X must have 10 Full then it works fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card