Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic Behavior of Supervisor Uplink Interfaces for 4500 and 6500

albert.remo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to inquire about the behavior of the ports of the supervisor engines for both the 4500 and 6500. I guess this question may apply to other routers and switches with dual controller as well.

1. Are ports/interfaces for both the primary and secondary supervisors configurable and can be activated for user traffic?

2. Are all ports/interfaces for both the primary and secondary supervisors forwarding traffic once enabled/activated?

I was given inputs that the ports on the secondary supervisor even though is enabled does not forward traffic.

Appreciate your inputs and validation

Thanks and Regards,

Albert               

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I believe 6500 dual sups, all sup ports are active, but on (most?) 4500 sups, I believe, only active sup ports are active (except for sup6/7 where they are like 6500 sups?).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card