Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic Policing and Times ACL

mubi.malik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to limit traffic to 80 mbps on and interface. I'm using the following configuration

ip access-list extended FW-80mbps

permit ip any any

class-map match-all FW-80mbps

match access-group FW-80mbps

match access-group name FW-80mbps

policy-map FW_Speed_80mbps

class FW-80mbps

police cir 81920000 bc 81920000 be 81920000

conform-action transmit

exceed-action drop

violate-action drop

int gi 0/1.300

service-policy input FW_Speed_80mbps

service-policy output FW_Speed_80mbps

when i use this configuration. still i see that the effective traffic is around 100mbps from the interface. when i convert to 40mbps then it ranges from 40-54 mbps. what could be my mistake?

Moreover, how can i implement this on timed basis. like i want this to be limiting traffic only in morning hours and not in night. I know i can use times ACL but i'm confused. it will allow everything in day time and then block everything in night because acl wont b effective in day time. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

First of all regarding you're policy-map, the cir value is fine because expressed in bits but bc and be are in bytes.
You need then to adjust the burst you want. If you don't want any, do just the police command without bc and be.
On some platform you'll need to define bc and be, in this case just set the minimum value.

For acl time range, you'll need to define the time profile:
time-range XXXX
periodic day_of_week xx:00 to xx:00

Then in your acl statement at the end, just add the keyword time-range with the name of your time profile

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

First of all regarding you're policy-map, the cir value is fine because expressed in bits but bc and be are in bytes.
You need then to adjust the burst you want. If you don't want any, do just the police command without bc and be.
On some platform you'll need to define bc and be, in this case just set the minimum value.

For acl time range, you'll need to define the time profile:
time-range XXXX
periodic day_of_week xx:00 to xx:00

Then in your acl statement at the end, just add the keyword time-range with the name of your time profile

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card