cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to upgrade the IOS on a C2621XM multiservice router to IOS version 12.4(15)T

CCNA newbie
Level 1
Level 1

So here is the background. I am taking some classes to obtain my CCNA. I purchased a pair of C2621XM multi-service routers as a part of my at home Cisco lab. I am currently trying to configure a router on a stick setup, but finding that my router doesn't recognize the command for adding encapsulation.

So my command prompts go something like this (from global config)

R2(config)#interface fastEthernet 0/0.51
R2(config-subif)#encapsulation dot1q vlan51
                  ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

I reached out to a buddy of mine that got me into all of this, and he was helping me to troubleshoot.  He thinks that there is something wrong with the version of IOS running on the machine (currently 12.2(8)T10).  A quick search shows that the most recent version pushed for this device by Cisco is 12.4(15)T.

Great -- so I log into my Cisco account, and attempt to download, only to see that since this device is no longer supported. I cannot acquire the needed download.  I called the Cisco helpline, and was told that since my account isn't flagged as a business account, and also because (again) this is an unsupported router, that they couldn't help me.

I have been searching the internet high and low trying to find this software with no luck.

Can anyone help me locate the desired software?

2 Replies 2

Hi

The command submitted has wrong sintax, the correct is:

R2(config-subif)#encapsulation dot1q 51

Just 51 instead Vlan51

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi

The sintax is not correct, the vlan51 must removed and replaced by 51 only:

R2(config-subif)#encapsulation dot1q 51

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card