Views
Helpful
Replies

Two 3925 routers strange behavior

CSCO11743361
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have two 9325 routers in place, and noticed when we configure some commands on either one of them, the same thing copied in the same way to the other. for example: when I configure new dial-peer on the first router and switch to the second router the same dial-peer is created in the same way.

How is that possible?

6 Replies 6

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wesam,

Such synchronization is not possible without external tools. I am not aware of any tools built into IOS that would result into similar behavior. Are 100% (and more ) sure you are configuring two distinct devices when you think you move from one to another?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I am now at home otherwise I would have sent you a photo of the two routers :)

Other than that we don't have any mgmt sw installed, The first router was configured by Cisco partner technician as mgcp gw, and lately I have changed it to H323. Then we added another router and configured it as H323 gw as well.
I was hoping to find a way to configure the two routers as one something similar to VSS but I was surprised with the configuration being mirrored between the routers!!!
The two routers have different ip addresses and different hostnames, so it is not easy to get confused when connecting to them.

Best Regard,
Wesam

Hi Wesam,

Do you believe it would be possible to post the entire configuration of both routers (removing or obscuring sensitive information)? I am looking for any sign of anything that could hint on a possibility of these two routers mirroring their configuration - but as I explained earlier, I am not aware of any such feature so this would be a good school for me as well if there indeed was something related.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

It turned out that SecureCRT is responsible for all of this miss, I have used different SW and it didnt there was no problems except when using multitab in SecureCRT.!!!

Best Regards.

Wesam

Hi Wesam,

I suspected something similar to be the case, didn't I? Anyway, I am glad we got it resolved eventually.

Best regards,

Peter

CSCO11743361
Level 1
Level 1

Solved.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card