Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,if i have this config:switchport mode trunktrunk aloved vlan 50will travel over this trunk untaged packets? For eg the vlan 1 is by default native vlan without tag. If i have created a bog ring with catalyst 3560x switches with no spanning tre...

On a 3560G running 12.2(58)SE2 I have configured an snmp v3 group withsnmp-server group operAuth v3 auth context vlan- match prefix read All notify AllQuestion is how to delete this from the running config?I tried:no snmp-server group operAuth v3 aut...

Dear Experts,I am very biggener to Cisco World. I am going to creat VLANs very 1st time therefore for test purpose I have following simple scnerio.I have created 2 VLANs , VLAN2 and VLAN3 on Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switch. Ports 1-12 is assigned t...

HelloI would like to inquire if there is a way to disable password reset option via console on 2800 and 2900 series routerthanksST

Dear All,anyone can help me.its a hardware problem or just not get power to module 1 for module WS-X6748-GE-TX?this is the capture from show module and sh log :------------------ show module ------------------Mod Ports Card Type                      ...

I am buying a Nexus 5K (N5K-C5548UP-FA) with the layer 3 card (N55-D160L3 - Nexus 5548 Layer 3 - Daughter Card).The switching capacity of it is 960 Gbps but I know I should expect less doing the Layer 3 function  (it will only be used with static rou...

HiI am struggling to understand the concept of multicast,each time i read about it i m left with questions which i didnt find answers.Hence please can someone explian me how multicast actually works with a clear example.I know that there are ...

mahmoodmkl by Level 7
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a pair of Cisco Nexus 7000 switches in a VPC configuration with several Nexus 5000 switches attached.  The config has about 50 or so VLANs each with a /24 subnet address assigned.  These SVIs include HSRP etc and are all a member of the ...

I have a two Cisco 4510R each with two sup V-10GE redundant. The code on these sup modules are 12.2(31r)SG3. I need some assistance in getting this setup worked out.I have all four of the 10GE populated with appropriate optics. I setup a link from on...

Hi I have a Catalyst 2960S and I have just started experimenting with the TDR cable diagnostics commands:test cable-diagnostics tdr int Gi0/1show cable-diagnostics tdr int Gi0/1The results look good however this fuction needs to bring the link down f...

Usjes0000 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWe have two 9325 routers in place, and noticed when we configure some commands on either one of them, the same thing copied in the same way to the other. for example: when I configure new dial-peer on the first router and switch to the second route...

Hi,I have been trying to use the IOS 'prbs' cable diagnostics on a Catalyst 2960S switch but I can't figure out the correct syntax. I have tried a number of things:test cable-diagnostics prbs start ?  interface  Specify an interface for testThis is i...

Usjes0000 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes