cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access a switch after reboot

yuli7641
Level 1
Level 1

The problem occurs after rebooting the switch. The switch comes back up, but I am not able to ping the switch or telnet to the switch.

When connecting directly into the console of the switch, the switch is not able to ping out. Shutting down the vlan with the management IP and turning it back on brings the switch back online and I am able to ping and telnet. It is happening every time after the switch gets rebooted. I have to physically connect to the switch to bring it back online. 

The switch is 3850 and I just upgraded it to 16.6.5. It seems like the problem started on the new version.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@yuli7641 wrote:

The switch is 3850 and I just upgraded it to 16.6.5. It seems like the problem started on the new version.

CSCvo59504

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Are you sure there is a functional startup configuration or does it perhaps contain errors ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

It is a fully functional configuration on a production switch. I didn't have any issues on 3.6.8E, now after I upgraded it to 16.6.5  I am having this issue. 

how is your network management interface connected. do you have any topology and share the configuration ?

what is the errors before you shut and shutdown the interface ?

after reboot can you post below output

show ip interface brief 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No errors. Nothing that indicates any problem. The management IP is configured on the data vlan. The switch is connected with a trunk port to the core. 

show ip int br was showing UP UP for that vlan

Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol
Vlan207 10.x.x.x YES NVRAM up up

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@yuli7641 wrote:

CSCvo59504

Thanks, Leo this is very helpful. I will upgrade to 16.6.6 and hope it resolves the issue. We have several switches 16.6.5 that are affected by this.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card