Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to boot Cisco 3750 g switch

sarath92
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone!

I was trying to configure a Cisco Catalyst 3750G 24 port switch but it is not booting. I tried all possible solutions suggested in google search like flash initialization, pressing the mode button. But the error reads like boot process failed. Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

There is small boot file I think called ROMMON that could get damaged or overwritten .  Can u get switch to Switch mode (aka ROMMON mode) ?  Press and hold mode button while powering on switch or press and hold mode button within 1st 10 sec after power on

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Martin L
VIP
VIP

There is small boot file I think called ROMMON that could get damaged or overwritten .  Can u get switch to Switch mode (aka ROMMON mode) ?  Press and hold mode button while powering on switch or press and hold mode button within 1st 10 sec after power on

Thank you. I tried to hold on the mode button but there was no change. I downloaded ios file and rebooted and it worked

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Console into the switch and reboot.
Post the entire boot-up process.

Thank you Leo. It worked
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card