cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to configure 802.1x on Cisco 9200

richard.jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm working with a client to deploy 802.1x on Cisco 9200 access switches. All but one switch are working successfully. However, one device is not accepting the command "authentication order dot1x mab" and returns the message that the command is deprecated, suggesting to use CPL configuration. I attempted to configure CPL, but the option isn't available on this switch. The IOS levels are the same across all switches, but I noticed that the switches where this works are V3, while the one where it fails is a V5. The license feature on the switch is DNA-Essentials. Has anyone encountered this issue, and if so, how did you successfully deploy 802.1x?

4 Replies 4

You can use command 

Mab

Or 

authentication order dot1x mab

The different only the order command is faster' and it true some SW not support this command

MHM

Hi - the output I get from (config-if)#authentication order dot1x mab 

is
Command deprecated (authentication order dot1x mab ) - use cpl config

are the SW accept command ""mab""?

MHM

richard.jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi yes the command MAB is allowed. However my question is that it is directing you to use CPL to configure 802.1x but that is not supported along with,   other commands for port auth  - authentication port-control auto and authentication host-mode multi-auth  . Has anyone else run in issue of directing you to use cpl but it is unavailable.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card