Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to perform VLAN Routing

sagarshaha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We recently purchased Cisco 3560X Layer3 Switch. We need to perform simple Inter VLAN routing.  We have configured VLAN1 (name-server_vlan) and VLAN2 (name- user_vlan). We have also assigned the Ports and IP address to both the VLANs. After assiging this if we plug Laptop A into VLAN1 then it doesnt communicates with Laptop B (btw, Laptop A is able to Ping VLAN2 Gateway ) in VLAN2 but on the other hand Laptop B is able to communicate with Laptop A and ping everything i.e. Gateway of VLAN1.

Rquest you to please help in where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,

Sagar

17 Replies 17

In the config there is nothing which should prevent routing from vlan 2 to vlan 3.

The problem is almost 100% sure with laptop B.

A good way to test this would be to swap the ip addresses on the laptops and their respective connections.

If the problem moves with the change, laptop B is for some reason not responding to ICMP.

regards,

Leo

Hi Leo,

Yes, you are right, problem was with LAPTOP B. I have recitifed that problem and issue is resolved.

I need a further help on adding my Firewall to switch and configure the same. Can you please help me in same?

I dont want to disturb my current setup on firewall. If wanted we can add new DHCP scope on Firewall.

Current Firewall Scenario -

DHCP Server Scope - 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.254 /255.255.254.0

Appreciate your help !!

Cheers,

Sagar

Sagar,

You should rate all posts that pointed you in the right direction....

Please start a new thread for your other issue.

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: