cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to reach JDE server from Location A

favasmiaraj
Level 1
Level 1

First of my English is horrible i hope that you guyz will adjust. I have a problem to communicate to JDE server via L3VPN from Location A. let me clear that, we have two locations, Location A and Location B those two locations are connected via Layer 3 VPN via ISP and layer 3 VPN working fine. I am sitting in Location A and I am trying to access JDE server that connected in location B. Please see the attached topology I can access 10.10.10.2 which interface vlan 1 ip address from location A and I unable to access 10.10.10.224 which is coreswitch interface vlan ip. The JDE server connected to Location B coreswitch. And I give ip route 192.168.7.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.10.224 in location B router. Now I can reach from Location B to 10.10.10.224 and 192.168.7.70 but can’t reach from location A. when I look ip route from location A I can see that router advertising route 192.168.7.0 via BGP but unable to reach there.

I really want your support guys to troubleshoot this.

From Location A Router

I can reach 10.10.10.2 which is Location B router VLAN 1 interface ip

I unable to reach 10.10.10.224 which is Location B coreswitch VLAN 1 ip and it is connected directly

I unable to reach 192.168.7.70 which is location B JDE server IP

From Location B Router

I can reach 10.10.10.2 Interface vlan 1 ip

I can reach 10.10.10.224 coreswitch interface vlan ip

I can reach 192.168.7.70 JDE server IP

And finally if any host in Location A I can reach from Location B!!

Please help me guys..

6 Replies 6

Raja_D
Level 1
Level 1

You are trying to communicate with a server which is in different network segment of 192.168.7.70 from your source 10.65.18.192 which ultimately requires the routing should happen properly to reach the destination from source. Is the BGP neighborship up between Location A and Location B? 

Check what are the networks advertised in BGP from the Location B router.

Try to ping the destination server 192.168.7.70 from the Location B router putting the source as 10.65.18.81 and verify if the ping works or not.

Kindly share the routing table of both Location A router and Location B router along with the show run of both routers to look into this issue better.

Dear Ajar,

we changed our connectivity in Location B instead of routing we created same vlan of network 192.168.7.0  in Location B router and connected to directly to coreswitch interface which having  vlan 500. but still we can't reach from Location A !!

in Location B router has vlan 500 with an ip 192.168.7.10 and coreswitch has vlan 500 with an ip 192.168.7.1. both interface are switch port access vlan 500. we can reach and ping each other coreswitch and Location B router no issues. But from Location A i can't reach it and i can ping 192.168.7.10 which location B vlan 500 ip address from Location A

Note:- If i connect a laptop in location B and assign the IP 192.168.7.70 i am able to reach 7.70 from location A !!

On previous topology the ISP IP address was incorrect and updated in new topology and changes we made in connectivity. 

from what you are saying. it looks like a JDE server problem.  Did you plug your laptop into the port that the JDE server is connected to? if so that would eliminate all network problems. Otherwise might be an ACL or something on the core switch.

Dear Rechard,

The JDE server is working because we are accessing this server from another location via L3VPN with different ISP and no issues. only different i see on this topology the router connected to coreswitch via VLAN because cisco c881-k9 has 1 layer 3 interface and 4 switch ports which not convertible. Layer 3 interface using by ISP and i suspect that if i am trying access from remote location may be routing not well going because at the end is connected via L2. 

Your kind support is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Favas, 

As you said that the same setup works fine when you connect a laptop instead of server. share the ip routing table of both Location A router and Location B router with the JDE server plugged into the cisco core switch. 

Dear Ajar,

Please see attached IP routes for both Locations router and coreswitch config. 

From location B coreswitch we can reach anywhere in Location A

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card