Views
Helpful
Replies

Unicast to multiple Unicast conversion

torsten.brink
Level 1
Level 1

Hi NetPro´s,

I´m actually working on a Intercom solution that should be able to broadcast the UDP RTP stream to different locations (over the WAN).

Therefore I already tested a behaviour (with NAT) to convert a single UDP stream (that will be send over the WAN) to the destination edge and then convert the UDP stream into a multicast address, where the IP phones are able to receive the stream, here´s the flow:

conversion

^^

<Phone> --unicast--> <WAN Edge> --unicast--> <WAN Edge> --multicast--> <Phone>

|Chicago|                      |Chicago|                           | NYC |                            | NYC |  

So this above mentioned behaviour works fine..

However, in the second level I want to be able addressing many other locations (e.g. NYC, Boston, etc.), but I´m only able to place one unicast stream. Is there a mechanisms that is able to split one unicast stream into multiple unicast streams?

It should look like this:

conversion                     conversion

^^                                        ^^

<Phone> --unicast--> <WAN Edge> --unicast--> <WAN Edge> --multicast--> <Phone>

|Chicago|                      |Chicago|    |                      | NYC |                            | NYC |  

|

|--unicast--> <WAN Edge> --multicast--> <Phone>

| Boston |                            | Boston|  

Would be great to hear your idea´s...

Cheers

Torsten.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card