Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi,    When i do "Show version"  I see a base mac-address but when i do sh int fa0/1  i see another mac address ?1] does it means that switch has its own base mac-address , so for what purpose it is used ?

Hi,I have a problem with a "monitor session" (sniffer) on a 6509.When it's active, a lot of packets drops appears and the monitored vlan become unavailable.I use a remote span vlan  and I have tried two configurations:vlan span: monitor session sourc...

Dear All,I just received a 1751 v router with WIC 2T installed in slot 1 and with th following vesion and flash:[ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(1r)XE1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)ROM: C1700 Software (C1700-BK8NO3R2SV3Y7-M), Version 12.2(8)T5,  RELEAS...

Hi,Trying to allow traffic from Outside into a particular internal vlan but for some reason the traffic is getting denied !!I can see the hits of the specific rule in the firewall on the outside interface but after this no traffic get through the vla...

sgalloway by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been trying to understand the technical steps to setting up multicasting and I am just not getting it. I would appreciate any help I could get. I have a multicast source (server 10.4.93.10). I have two multicast receivers (10.4.93.100 and 10.4...

All,I have a very high level scenario wherein i got 2 core switches (collapsed core) consisting 4507 with Sup 7E connected to the server farm switches. All the server farm/access switches connects to both the core switches as per the general topology...

Wha is the purpose of GRE tunnel IP address?  What will be the cons of using IP unnumbered and the tunnel source as the loopback?  I see that GRE keepalives use tunel source and destination addresses not the GRE tunnel IP anyway.

We have a 6513 with multiple VLANs. One VLAN is for servers and we probably have nearly 200 systems on it (combination of Windows / ESX).From various performance issues I'm seeing I think this single VLAN is overloaded. How do I approach proving it? ...

lchance by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.Does anyone tried to monitor CDP/VTP over remote span sessions? It seems to work fine using local session but I can't see CDP/VTP traffic when using remote sessions. The only BPDUs I can capture is STP. Is there any limitation for BPDUs passing...

20vek by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Morning,I am new to Cisco and I was hoping to enlist the help of someone much smarter then me on a problem I am having. The background is that I work for a smaller WISP and we are wanting to dump the DHCP binding table each hour to a centralized...