Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,I am looking for help to configure Qos( interface Buffer,priority Queuing) on our 4506 SW Sup 7 E. Basically i need to mark AF41 & AF42 and increase the interface buffer for multicast traffic.following are the IOS and License information.=====...

Shibu1978 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So does anyone have an idea when and/or if will IPV6 security features be implemented on c2960 or c2960-S ? Very hard to find some definite information about this subject.The same features we now have for ipv4 and also need for ipv6.Features like: RA...

wimatwork by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If you have a large campus LAN where several outlying buildings connect back to your datacenter via fiber, is it good practice to put your locations into seperate vtp domains instead of having one large vtp domain?  For instance if you had Site A con...

hi hope i'm on right place.we have two N5K and serveral N2K single homed to each of the Nexus 5000.vPC with Two Ports (sever) from Two Fabric Extenders. diagram like below , very classic design.we have a mass of VLANsmy question are :1. how to setup ...

clin by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 3750 X poe

Dear all, Can someone confirm if WS-C3750X-48PF-S support poe on all 48 ports. We have IP phones connected to existing 3560s and we want to replace them. On cisco site it is written that  it is Stackable 48 10/100/1000 Ethernet PoE+ ports, with 1100W...

adilhayat by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Trying to configure a 2960s stack. I stacked the switches and everything looks fine when I look at it via console connection. I have the VLAN 1 IP address configured for the stack. I put an address on the laptop in the same subnet. I cannot connect v...

I'm getting ready to implement VSS on 2 6509's. Currently our standalone 6509 acts as a DHCP server with DHCP pools, excluded addresses, etc. I'm thinking of how to go about the DCHP configuration ont he 2nd 6509 when I bring up VSS. Since they will ...

shamg1974 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

GigabitEthernet or more specifically 1000BaseT specification requires autonegotiate.So, if an interface is configured:interface GigabitEthernet7/43 switchport switchport access vlan 254 switchport mode access speed 1000 duplex full Auto-Negotiation i...

sglynn by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to update switches (Catalyst 2960) but it just hangs at the first step (Loading the tar file to the switch). I successfully downloaded the patch and have used it on other switches so I dont think its a corrupted patch issue. See screen...

amysifuma by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have the following config:interface FastEthernet1/0/37 switchport access vlan 11 switchport mode access switchport voice vlan 2222 switchport port-security maximum 4 switchport port-security maximum 2 vlan access switchport port-security maximum...

Hello, i am going nuts with this problem i have with a customer.I am using IRB to bridge two router-interfaces together in a BVI, in the following topology:R1 ------- R2 ------- SW1 ---- SW2 ------ R3 ------- R4Router R2 and R3 are running irb bridgi...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes