cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 3560G

RRFS578780
Level 1
Level 1

I need to upgrade the IOS device WS-C3560G-24TS, but I am not able to identify this model on the CIsco software portal.

Can someone help me?

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That switch platform is at least 15 years old. It has been EOL, EOS, for a long time, and you will not find any new software release on Cisco's site.

HTH

And is there any way to upgrade IOS to this device?

Current version does not support cryptography, and I need a version that has this feature for SSH configuration.

As @Reza Sharifi notes, that switch is long past being supported, which is why you cannot find software on Cisco's portal for it.

However, I recall (?) @Leo Laohoo, in a past posting, might have mentioned the 3560 might be able to run 3560CX software.  Perhaps Leo will see this posting, and add a yea or nay.

@Reza Sharifi is correct.  3560G is already past EoL date.  Officially (with emphasis), Cisco have already removed all documentation and files related to this model of switch. 

Unofficially, 3560 and 3560G switches share the same IOS "cut" as the 3560v2.  IOS files meant for 3560v2 will work with 3560 & 3560G.  

IMPORTANT:  The two most well-known and "stable" IOS trains for the 3560-family of switches are 12.2(55)SE and 15.0(2)SE and it would be of great benefit to everyone to download both TAR files (and TAR files only!).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card