Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading IOS 03.03.02.XO for WS-C4507R+E

parvez.akhtar11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we intend to upgrade image for  WS-C4507R+E from IOS 03.03.02.XO to IOS 3.6.6E. But we have read review about this IOS at following link:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284867339&softwareid=282046477&release=3.6.6E&flowid=61380

After upgrading, the network became so slow, even the ping from Access switches to Core switch was so high"

Is any other person experience same thing or any different observation about this release? Please share...Thanks

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Are you certain its the software as that's a generally good release on ios-xe , its very stable and is still the preferred image even though its up to 3.9 but you may have triggered some bug but looking at 3.6.6 release notes I don't see anything similar for the 4507  , was there any indication of memory or cpu issues on the switch itself when it was slow , did you take a show tech or collect any outputs while it was like this , anything in the logs ?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your note.

Actually I am planning to upgrade from 3.3.2 to 3.6.6E. I was just going through material about it and i read the review about it. These review are being attached here.

Thanks

Ok ok well from my perspective its very stable we run our images through systems to check for vulnerabilities like MVM scanner and other 3rd party tools and the 3.6.6 was the least effected by bugs confirming why Cisco have it as a star on the download section , we have it running on over 40+ switches globally and have yet to have any major issues , it actually also fixed earlier bug issues we seen to with power supplies saying they weren't on but they were when physically checked  , in the end though the choice is always yours what you go with even TAC will only recommended they wont tell you what exactly as they can be responsible then , there's bugs in every version but sticking with an MD release with a star is usually a good option as its a main deployment release

Thanks Mark, appreciated

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card