cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uplink ports in Catalyst 9300 and 9200 series switches

Taiga2022
Level 1
Level 1

For the uplink ports in the catalyst 9300L-24T-4G-E and 9200L-24T-4G-E switches, do I need to buy additional license to be able to use the Uplink Ports (SFP or Combo)? 

Is the DNA Essentials 24 port 3 Year Term license enough?

Also, are all the cisco sfp modules usable on those switches? Do I need to find a certain compatibility for the modules?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Taiga2022 wrote:

do I need to buy additional license to be able to use the Uplink Ports

No additional license necessary.  Basic license, like Network Essentials, is enough. 

@Taiga2022 wrote:

are all the cisco sfp modules usable on those switches? Do I need to find a certain compatibility for the modules?

Two reasons why we have started migrating to 3rd party optics: 

1. Cisco-branded optics are highly firmware-version dependent.  3rd party optics, however, are not.  
  2. Cisco-branded optics can/will trigger special bugs.  3rd party optics, do not have this "feature".  

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Taiga2022 wrote:

do I need to buy additional license to be able to use the Uplink Ports

No additional license necessary.  Basic license, like Network Essentials, is enough. 

@Taiga2022 wrote:

are all the cisco sfp modules usable on those switches? Do I need to find a certain compatibility for the modules?

Two reasons why we have started migrating to 3rd party optics: 

1. Cisco-branded optics are highly firmware-version dependent.  3rd party optics, however, are not.  
  2. Cisco-branded optics can/will trigger special bugs.  3rd party optics, do not have this "feature".  
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card