Views
Helpful
Replies

Users are not getting IP from DHCP server

nouman_nabi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I having issue with DHCP, Users are not getting IP from DHCP server.

I have multiple VLANS in network my DHCP server in VLAN 10 and VLAN 10 Users getting IP from DHCP server but users from VLAN 11 and VLAN 12 are not able to get IP from DHCP.

I have also configured IP helper address in both VLANS SVI but when I assign static IP to user PC in VLAN 11, 12 so user can ping to the DHCP server.

It not seems to router problem.

Help me to solve this Issue

8 Replies 8

fgasimzade
Level 4
Level 4

Check your DHCP score options, you helper address and DHCP scope's default gateway should match

Thanks for your reply but I have already checked Vlan default gateway IP in the scope of DHCP.

Try this command

ip dhcp-server

in global configuration mode

I created vlan span and capture packet through packet sniffer on core switch 6500 but I could not see any DHCPDISCOVER packet from vlan interface.

If I will run IP directed-broadcast  command under the vlan interface it will impact or resolve the issue ?

No, IP direct-broadcast should be disabled by default and used with caution

Have you tried

ip dhcp-server

Yes, I have tried in my lab remove IP helper address and place IP dhcp-server under the interrface but client is not getting ip.

IP dhcp-server

in global configuration mode, not under the interface

Thanks for your reply, problem is solved now

service dhcp was disable.

Just enable it, users of other vlans are getting IP from DHCP server.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card