cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VACL (vlan access-map)

sanjee108
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please let me know which Cisco switches supports VACL? I tried with 2950 with IOS 12.1(9)EA1, but it not supports. I don't think that upgarding IOS will support VACL. Isn't it?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, upgrade would not help.  I think the 2950 series switches don't support VACL.

HTH

View solution in original post

Sanjee, Reza,

Agreed - 2950 do not support VACLs with any IOS version, as they lack hardware resources to perform that kind of traffic filtering. Out of the older Catalyst versions, 2960, 3560, 3750 switches with IOS version of LAN Base and higher should support VACLs (on 2960, it's kind of an undocumented feature but it appears to be working).

Best regards,
Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, upgrade would not help.  I think the 2950 series switches don't support VACL.

HTH

Sanjee, Reza,

Agreed - 2950 do not support VACLs with any IOS version, as they lack hardware resources to perform that kind of traffic filtering. Out of the older Catalyst versions, 2960, 3560, 3750 switches with IOS version of LAN Base and higher should support VACLs (on 2960, it's kind of an undocumented feature but it appears to be working).

Best regards,
Peter

Thanks guys. I have arranged Cisco 3850 modular switch and VACL is working on it. thank you for your valuable input which reduces my time wastage.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card