Views
Helpful
Replies

View prior entered commands

surgebot
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon!

I'm still new and I made some ACL changes to some switches to add my IP. I started making changes on some more switches again today and for some reason the switches still tell me that the connection is refused. 

Here is my process: 

Heres my process after I check the list thats currently in place:

conf t

ip access-list extended DEFAULT

no XX (it's usually the line I need to remove and re-add)

XX permit tcp host XXX.XX.XX.XXX any eq 22

It's worked on all the other switches from yesterday so I'm guessing there's something I'm missing that I was doing before and am not doing now. Is there a way to check the other switches to see what commands I ran? I already did copy run start on them. 

Thanks!

12 Replies 12

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I am not sure what type of device you have, but it could be that different versions of software function differently. 

What is the switch type you have and what is the software version? Are all the switches from yesterday and today the same?

HTH

Good morning!

The switch I made the change on earlier in the week is a WS-C2960-24TC-S version 12.2(50) SE5. I just checked a couple of the new switches where it hasn't worked and those versions are 12.2(55) SE10 and 12.2(55) SE12.

I figured it out. One of my virtual NICs was messing with my connection. 

Hello,

show history

lets you see the last commands entered.

That said, what are you trying to accomplish (with the access list) ? Can you post the running configuration of one of the 'problem' switches ?

I tried show history but the switches don't have that anymore because I made those changed earlier in the week. I ran show log but all it shows is me logging into the switch earlier in the week. 

Basically what I'm trying to do is add my IP to the access list of some of these switches so that I don't have to remote into another computer to access them to make configuration changes. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the show run shows ? is this still old ACL you see, give us more information device and IOS code running ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The switch I made the change on earlier in the week is a WS-C2960-24TC-S version 12.2(50) SE5. I just checked a couple of the new switches where it hasn't worked and those versions are 12.2(55) SE10 and 12.2(55) SE12.

Its strange because the show run looks identical to the other config changes I made on the switches where it has worked.

Do you still see the config on the device and it not worked you mean ?

can you post snippet of config  before and after

BB

Whats crazy is today when I went to log into the switches were I had added my IP earlier in the week (and it was working after I ran copy run start) I'm now being told that my connection is refused. 

Do you still see the config on the device and it not worked you mean ?

can you post snippet of config  before and after

BB

I figured it out. One of my virtual NICs was messing with my connection. It's now disabled and the problem is fixed. Thanks for the replies!

glad you able to identify and resolve the issue, we mark as resolved now.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card