cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLan 9

dbrill001
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a Lync System and need to add a vlan for our external interfaces (10.10.9.X/24) on the Virtual Machines. I have all the IPs setup and the vlan has the port assigned but I can only ping the address of the vlan adapter. The addresses in the vlan I get timeouts. When I am on the Hyper-v server I can ping from Virtual machine to virtual machine but not from host machine to VM. I do a tracert on the host machine and I get the gateway (10.10.10.1/24) of the host machine then it times out looking for the external subnet (10.10.9.0/24). What did I miss?

3 Replies 3

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

A diagram of your setup would help. Is the Port connecting the Hyper-v server a trunk port or an access port. If a trunk, are the vlan configured properly on the port? Is routing configured properly between 10.10.10.1/24  and 10.10.9.0/24>?

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

We have a Hyper-v server with 3 VMs on it. Two of the VMs each have 2 network cards assigned to them. The Reverse proxy has one with 10.10.9.0/24 (Enterprise Perimeter Network) and one with 10.10.10.0/24 (Corp Net). Same with the Edge Server. The Hyper-v server its self has 2 physical network cards. One network card has a static IP on the 10.10.10.0/24 and is Mapped to the Corp Net card of each of the VMs. The second card does not have an IP (169.168.X.X) but is connect and is mapped to the Enterprise Network card of each of the VMs.These are connect to a Cisco switch that has each port on its own vlan (Trunk Ports) and RIP is enable on the switch.

We have a Hyper-v server with 3 VMs on it. Two of the VMs each have 2 network cards assigned to them. The Reverse proxy has one with 10.10.9.0/24 (Enterprise Perimeter Network) and one with 10.10.10.0/24 (Corp Net). Same with the Edge Server. The Hyper-v server its self has 2 physical network cards. One network card has a static IP on the 10.10.10.0/24 and is Mapped to the Corp Net card of each of the VMs. The second card does not have an IP (169.168.X.X) but is connect and is mapped to the Enterprise Network card of each of the VMs.These are connect to a Cisco switch that has each port on its own vlan (Trunk Ports) and RIP is enable on the switch.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card