cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vlan access-map commend fails

keesepema
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a Catalyst 2960 switch in packet tracer at the moment and I'm trying to create a VACL.
My intentention is to block ICMP traffic from PC1 (192.168.10.1) to a server (SERVER1) with ip 192.168.10.100. Both are on vlan 10.

What I've done so far:

SW1(config)# int f0\0                              #Link to PC1

SW1(config-if)# switchport access lan 10

SW1(config)ip access-list extended BLK_PING

SW1(config-ext-nacl)#permit icmp any any

SW1(config)#vlan access-map BLK_PING

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

If I investigate the command parameters for 'vlan', only the vlan id's can be used as parameter. Nothing else.

So I would like to ask what I'm missing...

Thanks in advance, Kees

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

I wouldn’t trust PT at all for any proof of concept as it’s has limited features and is way to flaky as a lab solution - So i wouldn’t be supprised if  as @Georg Pauwen  stated vacl isn’t supported in PT

As for the vacl being supported on a proper 2960 switch - according to cco it seems to be on software 12.2(58)SE1 + 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check this and use correct syntax :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/vacls-really-not-supported-on-2960x-lan-base/td-p/3078352

if still not working can you post show ver ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

I wouldn’t trust PT at all for any proof of concept as it’s has limited features and is way to flaky as a lab solution - So i wouldn’t be supprised if  as @Georg Pauwen  stated vacl isn’t supported in PT

As for the vacl being supported on a proper 2960 switch - according to cco it seems to be on software 12.2(58)SE1 + 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

as far as I recall, VACLs are not supported in Packet Tracer at all.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card