Views
Helpful
Replies

vlan issues

raulzulueta
Level 1
Level 1

I have a c6509e with 3 vlans - 1,10,11

When I ping for example 8.8.8.8 with 1000 packets and I ping from vlan10 ip interface, I see a lot of dropped packets. When I perform the same extended ping from the vlan 11 ip interface I do not see any dropped packets. What could be the cause of this?

Thanks.

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

cweatherford
Level 1
Level 1

Can you show the config for those three vlans?

View solution in original post

Antonio Knox
Level 7
Level 7

There's not much information to draw a solution from with your question.  Please provide a topology and (sanitized) configuration.

Hi,

I am getting error while opening the zip file "file corrupted"

However, Did you attach a 'service-policy' to this VLAN interface then? If yes, using 'show policy interface Vlan output|input' will tell you wether packets are dropped due to policy.

Another reason for packet drops on the input could be due to process switching of high volume traffic. Check if CEF is running on that interface.

Please click on the correct answer on all posts if they answered your question.
Regards,
Naidu.

Hi,

The only difference between vlan 10 and 11 is Netflow so this is surely the cause of your packet drops, try disabling it on this interface and see if it corrects the problem.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

i checked your configuration that seems fine, so there is no issue with configuration however this may issue of your netflow on vlan 10 for testing you may need to switch off some Devices attached on Vlan 10

thanks

Muhammad Umair Afghani

+92321-8755238

8 Replies 8

cweatherford
Level 1
Level 1

Can you show the config for those three vlans?

Antonio Knox
Level 7
Level 7

There's not much information to draw a solution from with your question.  Please provide a topology and (sanitized) configuration.

Here is a wiped config file.

Hi,

I am getting error while opening the zip file "file corrupted"

However, Did you attach a 'service-policy' to this VLAN interface then? If yes, using 'show policy interface Vlan output|input' will tell you wether packets are dropped due to policy.

Another reason for packet drops on the input could be due to process switching of high volume traffic. Check if CEF is running on that interface.

Please click on the correct answer on all posts if they answered your question.
Regards,
Naidu.

Hi,

The only difference between vlan 10 and 11 is Netflow so this is surely the cause of your packet drops, try disabling it on this interface and see if it corrects the problem.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

i checked your configuration that seems fine, so there is no issue with configuration however this may issue of your netflow on vlan 10 for testing you may need to switch off some Devices attached on Vlan 10

thanks

Muhammad Umair Afghani

+92321-8755238

I removed the netflow entries and I still see a lot of dropped packets when i perform an extended ping to the internet from the vlan ip interface. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

hi,

try to remove some devices connected to your vlan 10 coz there is no issue in you configuration that issue seems like miss behaviour of devices connected to vlan 10

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card