cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan port moving

jessnew321
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to move all ports off vlan 1 but when I do I lose internet connectivity. My default gateway is my router (192.168.1.1) and my gateway of last resort is also my router.

Vlan 1 - 192.168.1.2

Vlan 2 - 192.168.0.1

IP routing is running. The switch is a 2960C with 15.2.3E1 ios.

What am I not configuring correctly? The switch has some L3 capability but shouldn't I be able to do this with even an L2?

5 Replies 5

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Only the default/basic routing will work after you change the sdm template on this box.

Now coming down to your question , R u login to the switch using telnet or by console?

I would recommend you to connect the switch using the console and do the changes and then once everything is done access the box again with using telnet/ssh.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

I'm using lanbase-routing sdm. I make the changes via ssh but as soon as I do it locks up. I then change back via console from a different computer.

I will try your suggestion. Is there anything I'm doing glaring wrong?

Many thanks.

I tried making the changes via console (PuTTy) but still no connectivity.

Not Sure why you lost the Console connectivity.

Open a new Console session and try to login to the box.

Once you login then you can try configuring the box. Else do erase config all and reconfigure the box again with proper changes.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

No, not console connectivity, internet connectivity. When I make the changes I lose internet connectivity.

Could it have something to do with my ip address scheme?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card