Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Related Troubleshooting

Nimilbabu007
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

i'm having a scenario to share.Please help me to find the answer.

I'm having an office in LA in which all the PC's are connected to it and also a printer. I'm also having an office in NY in which working in same network series and PC's, printer are connected. 

PC in LA can ping to office in NY but printer cannot be accessed.

PC in NY can ping and printer can be accessed.

There is no a lot configurations in switches.They are in the same network so they are able to pingable and reachable.

6 Replies 6

Hi

Is there any firewall between these subnets, ACL or any kind of filtering on routers?, could you please provide more details?

Thank you in advance. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hey Julio,

There is No firewalls or No ACL's  or any kind of filtering in routers. 

Is possible to have a traceroute from a PC in LA to NY and vice versa? Are you using any kind of print server?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hey Julio,

Traceroute Logs are not available.There is not kind of print server. they only having Vlan to connect the LAN devices

Thank You in advance

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does the printer in NY have a default gateway defined?

Hey Chrihussey,

Yea deafult gateway is defined. Internal offfice printers are reachable and printable.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card