Helpful
Replies

VLAN Task

lynbuehler
Level 1
Level 1

The task is to set up a VLAN (200 and 100), it should look like this:

Screenshot_1 (1).png

I don't have any experience yet, can anyone tell me what I still have to do in my pkt file or what's wrong?: https://we.tl/t-NMAwOAVdfp

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On your 3 switches, you define both VLANs 100 and 200.  Then you assign ports to those VLANs (which your diagram shows).

The only thing unclear is where should the server be assigned.  I'm presuming it will have an interface in each VLAN.

Links between routers should be defined as trunk ports.

Also unclear how to setup your router, as there's a couple of ways to do it.  You could simple have one of its switch connected ports also in one of the two VLANs or you could bridge the two switches and have a BVI (think they are called something else, now adays) for each VLAN.  The latter provides redundancy, but might be more complicated than are intended for this lab topology.

Thanks for the answer
I have a few more questions, namely whether a default gateway from e.g. the 200 network should reach the router via the angled cable. Also, does it matter what IP the default gateway has?
I don't know what I have wrong in the pkt file, because it doesn't really work for me.
Best regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card