Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Trunking and connectivity issues

Waisudin Farzam
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

we have 3 Cisco SMB SGE2010P 48 port Gigabyte switch and another 1 Cisco WS-C3750G-PS-S Switch and the Cisco 3750G is the Root Switch and Core too.

but when i create vlan's in the 3750G switch and i have configured 2 ports of the switch port as a Trunk port and other switches also 2 of their ports are connected to the core switch and its trunk link but when ever i go to vlan properties of the Cisco SGE2010P there is no vlan information is exchange between them altough i have congfigured VTP in the core switch 3750G and its VTP mode is Server mode but still they are not syncing the vlan to SGE2010.

can any body hellp me how to solve this issues im realy stack here and i dont know how to solve it

even i created manualy vlans in SGE 2010P and also in C3750G switch same vlan ID's but when ever i asign a port to it and it dose not work i can't ping each to same network IP's

can any body help me

its very urgent for me

with regards

Waisudin Farzam
SNE

P E: wfarzam@gmail.com
S E: wais.farzam@gmail.com
S: wais.farzam

Certified Cisco ID: CSCO11404095
CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Sec, and CCIE R&S v4.0 Written Certified
1 Reply 1

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

VTP is not supported by SGE2010P.

even i created manualy vlans in SGE 2010P and also in C3750G switch same vlan ID's but when ever i asign a port to it and it dose not work i can't ping each to same network IP's

on the 3750:

-sh int trunk

-sh int x/x switchport  where x/x is link to SGE

-sh cdp nei x/x

Can you be clearer about your ping test.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card