Helpful
Replies

VLAN - VTP - ???

Grafffu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem:

I have a network with: 1 router (eigrp protocol running), Switch1 and Switch2. Switch 1 have 2 Vlans: Vlan 1 and Vlan 2. I don't have access to enter on priviledge on Switch1. On Switch 2 I can enter with full access. On Switch 1 are VTP enable. How cand I set-up on Switch 2 to make possible that PC49x do not ping PC67x but the workstations from VLAN 1 can see each other. See the attachemets.

Can you give me valid configurations for switches?

3 Replies 3

pushkar1782
Level 1
Level 1

hi ,

Your question is not complete sir.

point 1 --->>

Let me clear ..you dont want pc67 to access pc49 that is ok . do u want everything else to access everthing . i mean pc67 and pc49 can access all other things ...except each other .

This can be done simply by windows setting not to share anything from these pcs..

Point2--->>

are they in different networks range becoz only then the traffic will route via router otherwise switch will send packets from PC 67 to pc49 ..this can be done by puting them in diff. vlans or add mac-access list block the mac http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_example09186a0080470c39.shtml#conf

see if this helps ..kindly rate

No,

I have many computers in these VLANS - I want to separate VLAN 67 and VLAN 49. And I want a configuration for one router and 2 switches that make this possible (usinf VTP or subinterfaces, or intervlan for one switch that will be a layer 3 switch .. )

Thx.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card