Views
Helpful
Replies

VPC and Spanning tree

ANAKIN_TN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Having Two nexus switchs configured on the same vpc domain and with classic STP, the number of vlan is too high causing that one of those Two switches becaume slow and reaches high number of spanning tree session, because a lot of trunk ports are configured.

So as a solution a found two options:

1- Desable spanning tree on some vlans => and i dont know what is the impact/behavior on VPC Domain switches

2-Migrate from classic spanning tree to MST spanning tree => i dont know the impact of this on VPC domain switch and if its compatible with VPC

So cisco brothers can you help ?  

22 Replies 22

A 1000 Thank you my freind, i will do it and keep you up to date ASAP 

hello , 

relating to the solution that you share with me, 

i juste have not so much mac's move on the switch this is statiscts caome after 24 hours 

MAC Move Notify Triggers: 56
Number of MAC Addresses added: 65321106 => Whats does it mean ? ???
Number of MAC Addresses moved: 0
Number of MAC Addresses removed: 65317129 => Whats does it mean ? ??? 

the mac adress table is ok 

MAC Entries for all vlans:
Dynamic Address Count: 3973
Static Address (User-defined) Count: 0
Multicast MAC Address Count: 0
Total MAC Addresses in Use: 3973

Total PVLAN Clone MAC Address Count: 0

but the aging of mac adresse is ont 1800

in the show system internal processes cpu , the  5 | no-more  is hidden commande ? 

most of them are vpc vlan

paul.driver
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

@ANAKIN_TN wrote:

We are talkin about more than 1000 vlans and 118 interface trunk all vlans .

It does seem MST would be required given the total amount logical stp instances you suggest you have, however stating to migrate to MST is totally different to actually doing it with that amount vlans and trunks it will require some planning.

There are migration examples available from cisco, which I would suggest you review prior to any changes you deem to make.

Hello

@ANAKIN_TN wrote:

We are talkin about more than 1000 vlans and 118 interface trunk all vlans .

It does seem MST would be required given the total amount logical stp instances you suggest you have, however stating to migrate to MST is totally different to actually doing it with that amount vlans and trunks it will require some planning.

There are migration examples available from cisco, which I would suggest you review prior to any changes you deem to make.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

hello,

do you have any migration exemples ?

Regards 

Hello

here
Video 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card