Views
Helpful
Replies

vPC between two Nexus 3000

Ayub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have one question .. I have two Nexus in vPC mode.. what will happen if  one switch goes down ? what is the benfit of Configuration Synchronization Operations ? Because i didn't configure Configuration Synchronization Operations. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

When you have a set of devices in vPC, if one switch goes down the other switch with continue forwarding traffic as long as the end devices (servers, storage are connected to multiple devices.

As for configuration synchronization, you can configure that but you don't have to. You can simply configure both switches manually as configuration synchronization does not always work as expected.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

When you have a set of devices in vPC, if one switch goes down the other switch with continue forwarding traffic as long as the end devices (servers, storage are connected to multiple devices.

As for configuration synchronization, you can configure that but you don't have to. You can simply configure both switches manually as configuration synchronization does not always work as expected.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card