Views
Helpful
Replies

VPC Peer Link Excluded vlans

fersherls
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community

I have a question regarding how should Exclude vlans from a VPC Peer-Link, Here's the issue

I got a peer-link between 2 VDC on a Nexus7k, I got VPC configured, but there's an issue that Vlans on one side doesnt match the same vlans in the other(Basically 2 vlans exist on A VDC that doesnt exist on B VDC) so I want to exclude those vlans from the VPC Peer link so vlans match.

Whats the best approach to do that? Should I permit all the vlans created on the Peer-Link Trunk(around 400)? or is there an easier way to do this?

Best Regards!

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the VLAN only belong to One of parent Switch, they can Prefer to be Locally available, they should required to be on peer-link.

Other Side  Allowing Peer-link not going to harm. in the Future if you like to move around other switch, it easy move for you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I think I did not explain myself well, The actual problem is not that the VPC is not working, the peer-link is configured as trunk is working.

The problem is that we have vlans that doesnt exist on the other peer, and we received a log, telling that vlans are not the same on both switches.

So what we are trying to do is exclude those different vlans from the Peer Link, and Im trying to discover what could be the best approach to do that, or if my only option is to change the trunk into "allowed" vlans to allow all 400 vlans excluding the ones I dont want there.

Best way to allow the VLAN in to Peer-link. and only allowed required VLAN allowed list towards Trunk.

Other question, where is this Trunk going to, is this connected to both vPC switches ? how is that other device conenced.

Can you also post that error to understand better.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

a VPC peer link usually has all the vlans. So, try configuring it as just a trunk port.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card