Views
Helpful
Replies

VS-S720-10G

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears

i have VS-S720-10G and i am looking for 16 port 10G module , do anybody can suggest me a module becz the module i found it is end of sale and the new module is compatible with sup2t, anybody can help me this info how i can install a compatible 16 port x2 or sfp module module with sup720.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Here are the supported modules for your Sup. 

Keep in mind that both the Sup and all the modules are EOS and possibly soon end of support as this Sup is over10 years old now.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/product_data_sheet09186a00801dce34.html

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Here are the supported modules for your Sup. 

Keep in mind that both the Sup and all the modules are EOS and possibly soon end of support as this Sup is over10 years old now.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/product_data_sheet09186a00801dce34.html

HTH

adamgibs7,

Unfortunately, the 6716 10G modules are all End of Support (meaning no TAC support left) as of last month. Cisco has not offered these for sale since 2015. Maybe a distributor might have one, but I am not sure about that.

Sorry I cannot have better news.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking and Cloud Group

Thanks, Scott!

I used sup 720-VS first in 2008. So, it makes sense that there is no more support for it.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As Scott mentioned, you might find older line cards, on the market, as "old stock" or used.  Try an Internet search for the particular line card you desire.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: