Views
Helpful
Replies

wake on lan c3750

hienhaidam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a C3750G with 12.2(50)IP-Base IOS version. I'd like to use Wake-on-lan feature on the LAN but it failed to work.

So I checked on Cisco website, they said it should work with the minimum version 12.2(25)SEC.

I wonder to know if my version supports this feature, someone can help me?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If your switch support Energywise (I am not sure if 3750G support it, other 3750 support it, but don't know about the "G") use it as proposed by Leo. Otherwise you should add "ip forward-protocol udp 7" along with the "ip directed-broadcast" command. The port in the command ip forward-protocol is udp 7 which is default for WoL but you should check if this is true for your setup.

Best regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what is the destination address of the WOL packets? all 255s or directed broadcast? Is your switch doing L2 or L3?

Post your config also.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

This is a C3750G L2/L3 switch and is configured by IP DIRECTED BROADCAST.

Do you mean that it shouldn't be the IOS version issue, but a conf issue ?

Regards,

H.H.

Hi,

I don't know that's why I'm asking.

What does cisco feature navigator tells?

Have you got arp entries for the WOL devices in the switch?

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

If your switch support Energywise (I am not sure if 3750G support it, other 3750 support it, but don't know about the "G") use it as proposed by Leo. Otherwise you should add "ip forward-protocol udp 7" along with the "ip directed-broadcast" command. The port in the command ip forward-protocol is udp 7 which is default for WoL but you should check if this is true for your setup.

Best regards,

Alex

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try EnergyWise.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card