Views
Helpful
Replies

wan & lan router configuration

Bicky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3 internal servers want to give internet access.i have WAN IP from ISP and 6 usable IP. But I am not sure how to configure in router /30 WAN subnet to ISP and /29 subnet (Public LAN IPs). so i can use those public LAN IPs in my server and it will access the WAN IP. i have 2 mbps leased line. can anyone provide router configuration step by step command for this setup as i am new in this field & really need some help.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Did your ISP provide you both a /29 and /30 or just the /29. If the latter, the ISP is probably using one of the IPs (often the lowest value of the address block), and if so, you would use that as your gateway. I.e. you would just configure your hosts on the /29, again, using the ISP's IP as your gateway. Also if you had NAT, you could place other hosts behind that NATted IP, which would be one of the IPs on the /29.

You'll need to confirm what the ISP is providing you.

isp given

wan ip - 

182.72.x.x /30

255.255.x.x

182.72.x.x -gateway

public lan ip-

182.73.x.x/29

255.255.x.x

182.73.x.x – Gateway

186,187,188,189,190 – Usable

in router leased line connected to wan port and one lan cable connected lan port and the lan cable connected to  local switch from where servers connected. so what configuration i do i router so i can use the public lan ip in server and itt will access the internet vian wan ip.

What's the router model#?

David A. Bogdan | Senior Network Engineer
Applied Systems, Inc.
www.appliedsystems.com<> | dbogdan@appliedsystems.com
P: 708-534-5575 Ext: 22116
24/7 Customer Support: 800.999.6512 | support@appliedsystems.com

Gain insights on the state of digital technology adoption and trends in the latest Applied Digital Agency Annual Report. Download now.<>
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential, proprietary, or
otherwise private information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original. Any other use or distribution of this information is prohibited.

cisco router 2811 

dbogdan
Level 1
Level 1
Yep Joe is right. Please check with your ISP to see what they gave you. If it is a /29 then you'll just need to set up a couple static nats for your servers and away you go! I would ask them for something a little larger (like a /28) if possible else your out of road pretty much after you add these servers.

hi dbogdan,  i have checked with my ISP as per them.. they gave us a  WAN IP .. but as i informed earlier we need extra public IP for server so ISP given 6 LAN IP block to use  .so i have already configure the WAN IP in my router but i want to use the Public LAN IP  block for my server. so how to configure those public LAN IP block.

so for better understanding i have attached a file with the setup configuration .have a look.

thanks.

correct,
so you would just need to creat your static nat statements from the server internal IP to the public address you want to use.

for example

object network Dave-Server
host 192.168.1.4 <your internal address>

object network Dave-Server
nat (dmz,outside) static <public IP address>

or if the server on the inside you would use this:
nat (inside,outside) static <public IP address>

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card