Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 371: DIsconnecting after few minutes

RobinD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I have a really strange problem. I have a WAP 371 cluster with 7 APs, connected to a SG300-52P.

Since a few weeks the clients (iphones, W10 PCs) are constantly disconnecting after a few minutes. Sometimes the devices reconnected after a few minutes itself, sometimes I have to ignore the network manually and connect it again. Then after a few minutes the problem occurs again. The problem also occurs if I walk to the next AP and the device try to handover the connection to the next AP.

If I check the wifi settings, I see that i've got an APIPA adress, but the SSID is still broadcasted with full signal strength. It doesn't matter if I broadcast the 5GHz or the 2.4GHz.

I found some posts from users with the same or a similar problem with the WAP371, but I'm not sure of any of them were able to completly resolve this problem.

I've tried the following things:

-Disable green ethernet

-STP Disable

-Reset APs

-MFP set to not required

If I am connected over cable the networkconnection works fine.

Do anyone of you have an idea or a solution?

Greetings from switzerland (explains my english)

6 Replies 6

Hello,

which Radio mode is active, 1 or 2 (page 84 of the attached guide) ? Try Radio 2...

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap371/administration/guide/1_0_0_10/1CSWAP371-SWUM100_1_0_0_10.pdf

Tried both, the problem occurs with both radios.

Hello,

which firmware release are you running (release 1.3.0.6 is the latest) ? 

Currenty i'm running 1.3.0.6, I also checked 1.3.0.4. The older fw also doesn't work fine.

calverthall
Level 1
Level 1

Any progress on this?  I need to troubleshoot an environment with 4 371's that are reporting drop offs.

Last I checked, documentation says they are running 1.2.1.3

Thanks

Austin

I am not sure whether your switch is a POE+ device or not.  I had issues running with POE and a small cluster using WAP371 units.  I bought a SG300-10 MPP switch which has POE+ support.  My issues went away using POE+ power.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card