Helpful
Replies

web service for 2960x does not acept the default passwords

AlanRivera5254
Level 1
Level 1

Please help i have a lot of switches with the next IOS Firmware:

Version 15.2(2)E7

those switches aren't configured they are just like new, when i try to get in throught web service those switches ask me for an user and password, i've been trying with the default passwords in different order but it isn't working:

Cisco

cisco

admin

[       ]

none of this password works, there is any other password to get in this switches? 

Thankyou in advance for your support

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Step 7   Start a browser session on the PC, and enter the IP address https://10.0.0.1. When prompted, enter the default password, cisco.

Note   

The switch ignores text in the username field.

The Express Setup window appears. If the Express Setup window does not appear, make sure that any pop-up blockers or proxy settings on your browser are disabled and that any wireless client is disabled on your PC or laptop.

if this not working can you show us what is the error you getting, share the screenshot

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @AlanRivera5254 ,

Try connect via console and set the password:

enable secret <password>

Regards

Thank you luis the issue is that i should manage this devices remotely i haven't local access that is the reason why im trying it througth web access, we can be pretty sure that this devices hasn't been configured before but i try with the default passwords but they doesn't work
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card