Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

weird ssh issue

I have ssh configured on my switch I have created the rsa keys, ip ssh v 2, ip ssh authenticate-retries 3, Ip ssh time-outs 60.

line vty 0 15

login local

transport output all

transport input all

the issue I am having is when I try to ssh into it from another switch that is directly connected to the switch I'm trying to ssh into, I don't get an error message or even a timed out message nothing happens at all, has anyone ran into the issue I'm sure I am missing something or did something wrong on the config

3 Replies 3

Hello,

post the full config of the switch as well as the output of 'show ip ssh'...

Are you using TELNET to connect ? Assuming you have IP connectivity, below is a sample config:

hostname yourswitch --> make sure that is different from the default name
ip domain-name yourdomain.com
!
username admin privilege 15 password 0 cisco
!
crypto key generate rsa modulus 1024 or 2048 --> hidden obviously
!

ip default-gateway 192.168.1.1

!

interface vlan 1
ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0

!

line vty 0 4
transport input ssh
login local

I am using telnet to connect, I have an update on the situation, basically there are three switches in a triangle topolpgy if that makes since there is no connection between the bottom two switches they both connect to the top one and that's it, I cant ssh into the bottom left switch from the top switch but I can ssh into the bottom right switch from the top one, however I can ssh from the bottm right switch into the bottom left switch and  they do need to travel through the top switch to communicate there was an acl but I took it off for troubleshooting purposes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card