cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What etherchannel type for 3750 Stack load balance using Quantum deduplication device.

Hi,

My network is running (3)3750 stack switches as core.  I have a Quantum deduplication device that utulizes Symantec Backup Excec for all of my backups.  My 3750 is running PO with (4)interfaces as LACP with the load balance src-mac.

That being said src-mac is not utilizing all of the 4 ports on Quantum due to same XOR outcome. I want to change that so Quantum ports do share the jobs.

Things I need to know:

1)Im running couple other POs. Will there be a huge impact for other etcherchannels if load balance type will be changed? - Other POs are uplink to access layer switches where end users resides on.

2)What load balance type should be used? Quantum 4 ports are bonded as one(LACP) assign with one IP.  Will dest-mac help share the load by utilizing all 4 ports?  NOTE. Traffic pattern is from 3750 PO (4xGi/LACP) to Quantum PO(4xGi LACP).

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Bart

1 Reply 1

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The load balance type will affect all port channels in the stack as it is a global command. Now if the traffic always come from the same mac going to the same dest then normally the traffic will pick one port of the channel, that said source mac or dest mac may have the same result. You can try src-dest ip and see if that helps to allocate the traffic better.

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card