cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What will happen after Cisco 30days-license expired?

eeebbunee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am using Cisco 3750X L3 switches in the office.

Last time I tried to configure PBR on the switch, I couldn't, and realized that 'ipservices' license is not applied to my switch.

I tried to search the licenses what I have, and found that I have ipservices license but not activated state, so I applied.

I didn't know that this license validates only 30 days, and expire date is upcoming.

I need to back to original license, but changing license requires 'reload', and this is pretty big deal to our business.

For these reason, I would like to know what will happen after validation date, if I do nothing.

Can anyone had experienced before? The license will be back to what I used to have 'permanently' automatically?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/licensing-on-2900-3500-3700/ta-p/3130037

>...

Temporary License

- A temporary software license is limited to a usage period (around 60 days). After the usage period expires, the  switch continues to use the temporary software license until it is restarted. Before it restarts, warning messages state the switch is running the feature set without a valid license. After the switch restarts, the switch uses a valid software license based on the hierarchy (ipservices>ipbase>lanbase). If the switch does not have a valid license, it uses the IP base software license.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/licensing-on-2900-3500-3700/ta-p/3130037

>...

Temporary License

- A temporary software license is limited to a usage period (around 60 days). After the usage period expires, the  switch continues to use the temporary software license until it is restarted. Before it restarts, warning messages state the switch is running the feature set without a valid license. After the switch restarts, the switch uses a valid software license based on the hierarchy (ipservices>ipbase>lanbase). If the switch does not have a valid license, it uses the IP base software license.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Just to add what @marce1000 posted. If a reload is a big deal to your environment, after the 30-day eval expires, you may want to reload the switch in a maintenance window to make sure everything is working as expected after the reload. You don't want to be in a situation, where you are using a 'ipservices' feature, and after the reboot, the feature stops working and causes an issue.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card