cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which debug command allows me to see the Client's vendor class ID in the IP request?

robert.huang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Cisco Catalyst 4510 switches running on layer 3 mode. It relays all DHCP requests to another DHCP server. I would like to see the vendor class ID in client's IP request. So far I have tried the following 5 debug commands on the 4510 switch. None of them can allow me to see the Client's vendor class ID.

debug ip dhcp server packet

debug ip dhcp server events

debug dhcp detail

debug ip packet detail

debug radius

If I set up the monitor session to capture the clien't traffic, I can see the vendor class ID. Just want to know which debug command allows me to see the Client's vendor class ID in the IP request. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

maybe you can try debug ip packet detail .

Regards.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I have a Cisco Catalyst 4510 switches running on layer 3 mode. It relays all DHCP requests to another DHCP server. I would like to see the vendor class ID in client's IP request. So far I have tried the following 3 debug commands on the 4510 switch. None of them can allow me to see the Client's vendor class ID.

debug ip dhcp server packet

debug ip dhcp server events

debug dhcp detail

If I set up the monitor session to capture the clien't traffic, I can see the vendor class ID. Just want to know which debug command allows me to see the Client's vendor class ID in the IP request. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Try with debug radius command

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

robert.huang
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

I've also tried "debug ip packet detail" and "debug radius". None of them shows vendor class identifier.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card