Views
Helpful
Replies

Which sfp ports in 3560x switch

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I was viewing the 3560x switch datasheet and i need network module C3KX-NM-10G. I have dark fiber with over 12 km distance to i guess i will be needing SFP EX for single mode.

Can someone guide me which sfp i required for this distance on 10 GE that is supported by above module ?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

For the 10Gig with single mode fiber, 3560X supports LR and LRM.  LR distance limitation is 10km and LRM is 722ft.

See table B-1 in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/hardware/installation/guide/HIGCABLE.html#wp1050808

HTH

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SR, LR and ER 10 Gbps SFPs are compatible with that module. Reference this compatibility matrix.

Per the transceiver data sheet here, you would need ER transceivers (>10 km, good for up to 40 km) assuming your fiber meets the optical transmission specifications. You will also need to add an optical attenuator since your link is under 20 km. That part number is also indicated on the data sheet.

Careful with the -ER.  Your "X" needs to be loaded with the 15.0(2)SE IOS, if memory serves correct.

If it is 15.0(2)SE, try to avoid 15.0(2)SE and 15.0(2)SE1 version and go straight to the 15.0(2)SE2. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card