cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why a Layer 2 traffic routes to Internet?

ertanbar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone, I have a question about Layer 2 traffic at my office.

We have a central hub and a branch office Router that used Cisco SD-WAN. Also have 2 data line as 1-point to point and 1-RadioLink Internet Line. At one of our branch office Layer 2 traffic routes to Internet, not other switch. Let's say a have structure like below;

(Host A) <--> (Switch A) <--> (Switch B) <-->(Host B).

Host A's wants to send packet to Host B and packets goes to Host B normally this way when p2p line is active only. But when I activated RadioLink Internet also (Want to use 2 line active-active) Host A's packets goes to Switch A than packets goes to Router and to the Internet, not Switch B. Host A, B, Switch A and B and Router are at the same subnet like 192.168.0.0/16.

What would it caused?

Thanks for answers,

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Could it be that the point-to-point is providing WAN connectivity between locations and the RadioLink provides Internet access?

HTH

Yes, p2p provide between locations and RadioLink provides directly Internet access but the traffic that i mentioned about in the same location and same subnet. I dont want to traffic routes to central office or internet, just switching between Hosts and switches. Also addition;

I can't access the host from different branch offices or central office when I activate the RadioLink. Also cant access from the samme subnet too.

Thanks for answers,

check the host IP and mask are it correct or not

MHM

for client or servers (hosts) or switches and routers?

all please

MHM

Richard Pidcock
Level 1
Level 1

Is the site router between Switch A and Switch B?  A slightly better topology drawing would be helpful.  Also can you share configs?

Richard W. Pidcock

ertanbar
Level 1
Level 1

Hey again,

I dropped basic topology below and check the all subnet masks are correct.

ertanbar_0-1711389408877.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card