cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why Cisco DPC3928 Router now shows 2 networks with same name

gustavomom48
Level 1
Level 1

A few days ago my router suddenly starts showing 2 wifi networks with the same SSID (of B7C4B0) one  protected and the other open, inmediatly after that all my wifi devices were disconected from the network and didn't let me reconnect again it said that it is a incorrect password, even if I put it again Reading it from the router label.

I got into the modem and change the SSID (to Montano) and change the pass key and it continues showing me the open network with the SSID = B7C4B0 and the network with the new SSID = Montano (Protected) but even with the new password it didn't let me connect and said that the password is incorrect.

I resetted the modem several times and both networks are still there, also I unpluged the router from the power for 30 minutes and the Open network with SSID = B7C4B0 was still available and let me connected with it.

Yesterday came a technician from my cable provider and change the router with a new one with the same model and everithing was ok but suddenly a few minutes ago, again a second network with the same SSID and not protected shows up and all my wifi devices got disconnected.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card